Thursday, August 18, 2011

Do Your Parents Know?

     So I have known for quite some time now that I am going to be spending my junior year in Belgium. In this time, I have been able to tell alot of people "the big news". I would now like to share with you some of the reactions I have recieved after telling people, "I will be spending my junior year as an exchange student in Belgium".


-"Do your parents know?" (No, I wasn't planning on telling them.)


-"Are your parents ok with this?" (No, but I'm going to go anyway, and forge their names on all the consent forms.)


-"Do you want to do this?" (The women said it as if I was being forced.)


-"Are you coming back for all the holidays? Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving etc.?" (Sure, if you'll pay for the plane tickets.)


-"Do you speak Belgish?" (Yes, I am quite fluent.)

1 comment:

  1. Щастлив je suis freue इस बात que vous sprechen Sie Belgish très fließend ви говоря. (Which, speaking fluent Belgish, you would know means "I am very happy that you speak Belgish very fluently.") I pray you have a great year, Brooke, even if you have to wash someone else's dog when you get a bit homesick. Is there a Smokey Row in Belgium? Looking forward to hearing about your adventures. Until then, to use the old Belgish proverb, "Stay warm, stay healthy, stay strong, stay right there standing on the rooftop, top of the world, tonight, tonight, tonight, tonight." - Bob D.

    ReplyDelete